Why we are different
In-home one-on-one tutoring
We have developed this tutor placement service to be simple yet effective. With all the approaches to tutoring, we have found one-on-one tutoring in the student’s own home with a qualified tutor to hold much more promise than center or group-based tutoring. Private tutoring at the student’s own home has several advantages, such as:
- Personalized approach and pace. The student is coached at their own pace using a personalized plan.
- Fewer distractions. A room or quiet place can be set aside in the home for the purpose of tutoring, away from distractions.
- Self-esteem and confidence. One-on-one tutoring can increase a student’s self esteem achieved through positive reinforcement. As a result, the student will become more proactive and participate more in school activities.
- Heightened intrinsic motivation. When a tutor tunes the tutoring to achieve increased relevance and application, the student may end up with increased intrinsic motivation, which can have positive long-term consequences.
- Better performance at school. All the benefits of in-home tutoring will have the overall benefit of improved performance at school.
Working with both tutors and parents for mutual benefit
While in-home tutoring may be advantageous to a students, parents may have some concerns. Below, we identify a few of such concerns and allay your fears.
Cost of service
The overwhelming feeling is that it will be expensive to bring a tutor to the home than it would taking your child to a tutoring center. Whereas this is a genuine concern, Nerddais endeavors to keep the cost competitive and even lower than what a center-based tutoring would cost.
Finding a tutor whose personality matches those of your child will greatly benefit them. Nerddais will seek to find a good match for you. Where we have more than one option, parents will be presented a chance to choose a tutor of their choice based of educational background and qualification.
While this is a genuine concern, Nerddais has a set of qualifications it looks at when seeking tutors for you. We will not compromise on our tutoring criteria.
While parents have a role to play in ensuring the safety of both tutors and the student, Nerddais will endeavor to learn more about the tutors’ background prior to sending them to you.
Students may feel like there is no time for other activities as tutoring takes center-stage. However, since tutoring takes place only on specific days the week and only for a few hours a day, parents should discuss with their children the importance of these sessions in order to have their buy-in
While students may view the whole set-up as an obligation, tutors will help address the situation by encouraging students to have fun as they learn. Parents are certainly encouraged to talk to their children as well.
Feel free to reach out to us if you have other concerns.